Termites are known as “silent destroyers” because of their ability to chew through wood, flooring and even wallpaper undetected.. According to research, they are not harmful to human beings. However, if they start growing in colonies, they can cause immense damage. There are a lot of termite control methods that can be used to get rid of them completely.
Termite treatment is available in almost every locality, but you should go for the prevention first. We will discuss some ways to wish you can prevent termite infestation at your home and property.
Mike Nelson Exterminating services can also be used if you are looking for professional help.
Ways to prevent termite infestation:
We will discuss some of the ways which are very effective in preventing termite infestation. You can protect your home and all your belongings from the harmful effects of the colonies of termites by acquiring these preventive measures.
1. Prevent moisture and humidity
Termite colonies start growing in places where there is a lot of moisture and humidity present. Do not let moisture and humidity accumulate in small spaces of your home. Termite starts growing in the storeroom, especially in the basement, because of extra staff’s accumulation with too much humidity and narrow space.
If you don’t want termite infestation, you should take measures to prevent humidity and moisture at all your house corners. It will not let the termites grow in colonies, keeping you safe from the harmful effects of termites.
2. Do not store firewood in piles.
If you have stored wood at your home, it is very easy for the termites to start growing in colonies. They would not contact the ground because it provides food and favorable conditions for termites to grow. Soil to wood contact is one of the main reasons for termite infestation.
- The wood that you have stored at your house should not be in contact with the ground, especially if there is a lot of soil present.
- It will let the termites take over the area and start infesting that area of your house. You can also take termite control measures to get rid of them permanently.
- However, it is recommended not to provide them with such conditions which help them grow further.
Mike Nelson Exterminating will help you professionally do this. You can take services from them at good rates.
3. Keep your bathrooms clean.
The washroom is one of the favorite places for the termites to grow because of the moisture present. Most termites need soil and dry wood for their Colony to grow; however, washrooms also make it easy for them to start multiplying their colonies.
- You should regularly check your washrooms for the presence of termites eliminating all the causes that can be the reason for termite infestation.
- Make sure to check the humidity of your washroom by using the humidifier to keep it balanced.
- Do not let too much moisture accumulate in the air for the washroom during winters since it is a favorable condition for the termites to grow.
You can go for termite treatment methods if there are any termites observed in your walls and washrooms.
4. Liquid termite insecticides and soil treatments
For preventing termite infestation, there are many termite insecticides present, which can be very beneficial in this regard. Liquid termite insecticide has been used as a termite control method for a very long time.
Termite needs moist soil to grow, and if you have soil present in your garden or inside your home, it is better to go for a soil treatment against termites which will be a very beneficial termite control method used as prevention.
If you want all of the above ways used professionally, you should choose Mike Nelson Exterminating.
Termite infestation at your home can be harmful to your belongings. It can cause a lot of damage if you do not take prevention against termites.
Some of the most important steps you can take as prevention are mentioned above. Various termite treatment methods are also available, which can help you already have termites present at your home.